Firm: White Nelson Diehl Evans
Office Location: Irvine, CA
- Sandra Hague - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Manager
- Been with the firm for three years and was previously a career counselor at a university
- Nishil Akbai - Audit
- Received a SLP offer last spring, and spent two days with WNDE last summer
- Soon then, received a full time offer
- Participated in mock interview with Sandra, and kept in touch during the recruiting season
- Sandra recommends Mock Interviews to get great interview and resume feedback
- Did an internship the same summer with another firm, but ultimately went with WNDE
- Alex Diaz - Current Tax Intern
- Recruited last semester with many firms, but ultimately went with WNDE
- Enjoys the "family-oriented" atmosphere of the firm and has really enjoyed his first few weeks of the internship
Facts about White Nelson Diehl Evans:
- Now 150 employees work at the Irvine, CA office
- There were 97 employees two years ago and 11 interns at the Irvine office
- They have a secondary office in Carlsbad, CA
- WNDE just turned 90 years old
- Focuses completely on private companies
- The firm can be described as a "family"
This summer would be the firm's third time hosting a "Summer Leadership Program"
- Sandra says, "She's constantly improving the program"
- WNDE's SLP Participant Survey shows that participants had a great response towards it and found it incredibly useful
- Sandra believes the SLP is a great way to find out if a firm is really a great fit or not, and if public accounting is a good fit for you or not
- "It's really a two day interview" - Sandra
Resumes tips from Sandra:
- SLP's look great on a resume even if it's from another firm
- A resume is a snapshot of your education, work experience, honors, etc.
- It serves as a selling tool of what you have to offer and creates a first impression of you
- Sandra says, that your resume should answer the following question:
- "What have you done at your previous job, paid or unpaid, that you can bring to the table?"
- Sandra believes skills that you learned from being a barista at Starbucks apply to being a CPA at WNDE
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Time management
WNDE is looking for "well-rounded" candidates who demonstrate those qualities and characteristics. Those skills are more relevant in public accounting than many think because public accounting is a client-facing industry
Upcoming Events AS/BAP Events with WNDE:
- Mock Interviews - 2/16
- Meet the Firms - 2/22
- Irvine Speaker Meeting - 3/5
- Office Hours - 3/7