Post Published: February 27, 2019
Firm Name: SingerLewak
Date: February 26, 2019
Public Accounting as a Profession / Differences between Audit and Tax and the Different Firms’ Sizes
Cecilia Sanudo, Senior Manager – Audit & Assurance
Jackie Fountain, Manager – Tax
Experiences, path in public accounting, who to recruit for, and what decisions to make.
Important to figure out what you want to do with your career in the future
Different types of clients. Gives you the ability to deal with a variety of different industries and organizations.
Want to make sure that you keep your options open at the beginning of your career.
- The interaction is an important responsibility which requires a lot of face time with clients then ad
- Its challenging, every year there are new challenges not in the company but with the tax laws. New opportunities to help clients, how to manage tax impact. Different ways to get the answer to dilemmas.
- Whole different perspective to how one can deal with problems.
Typical Day for an Audit and Tax Person During Busy Season:
Entry Level Audit: working on cash, accounts payable, fix the assets.
- Week by week, it changes.
- Client work, speaker meetings, training, networking.
Entry Level for Tax: review notes that need to be cleared.
Training department: keep up to date with new developments, and changes in the law.
Topic specific trainings.
Two-three-day seminar with topics to the title you hold.